Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2007

From the Archive - Our House



The other day I looked at these photos of the house from the fall of 1996, and thought, wow, how things have changed. In 1996 I had just moved into my first house after having lived in a small apartment in Madison, WI for 6 years. I treated the new house like an apartment; only it was huge, and a bit bare inside. Because of the big brass chandeliers in the living room everyone jokingly called my house 'The Ponderosa'. I thought I had it pretty good.

'And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful Wife
And you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?'
Talking Heads

Eleven years later the house is full, and I find that I often forget where I came from - I take life for granted. The house is now a home. Two healthy kids, 2 black labs, and a beautiful wife. Wow, I've done well! Patrick

No comments: