Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2016

Peanut Butter Cookie Monday


Since last February the kids have been signed up for June camps here in Anchorage. Stuey for basketball camp and Nora for baking camp.

The past couple of years I've felt like a failure in helping Nora in the baking department and figured it would be super fun for her to learn from someone else. There has admittedly been a lack of patience on my part with the baking, measuring learning curve.  The occasional flour, chocolate messes to clean up in the kitchen end up feeling like bigger deals in my mind then they really are.

My thinking was that if she spent a week with someone else really pounding out the basic recipes then I could take things from there and explore all types of recipes with her. I really want to do more baking and cooking with Nora. She is so enthusiastic in the kitchen. Its a fire I want to add fuel to.

 Stuey's  friend Liam decided to join Stuey at basketball camp. This greatly eased Stuey's nerves for doing a new camp in Anchorage. There have been oodles of giggles and laughter on car rides and at bed time...4th grade boy humor at full action. Oh boy!!

This morning as I sat with Nora waiting for her baking camp to begin she said, "Thank you for waiting with me until camp starts". The other students were filing in, getting their white chef jackets on and sitting and talking with each other.

"Thank you for letting me sit with you!!" I replied.  I'm glad she wants me there, not pushing me away. It was fun to see the kiddos come in, put on their jackets and see how they congregated together.

At 11 o'clock sharp the junior chefs were whisked off to the kitchen. Nora gave me a nervous but excited smile and I left for the parking lot.




At the end of the day, Nora walked proudly out of class with two boxes of cookies! Chocolate chip, oatmeal chocolate chip, Sugar, Ginger Molasses, peanut butter. The peanut butter cookies are truly the best peanut butter cookies I've ever had.

Nora said that just maybe she'll share the  peanut butter cookie recipe with me.
As well as the secret in making those peanut butter gems so deliciously moist!

Zoya

1 comment:

Alphie Soup said...

Nora wouldn't like to share the Ginger Molasses cookie recipe would she?

Alphie