Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2009

Total Fraud


Yesterday I was feeling pretty good about my sunrise over Kodiak photo - and I even waxed poetic about aplenglow and all that in a blog post. But then I talked to people at work and discovered that I had just barely missed the full moon setting over Barometer Mountain. By all accounts I must have missed it by minutes. Then I just happened to glance at Sven Haakanson's moon setting over Kodiak at sunrise photo on the Alutiiq Museum's website. His photo is better. It ate at me for an entire day - I should have gone to work 15 minutes earlier! I should have got the moon in the picture!

So tonight I did - I went back and took the photo all over again, and I got the moon just perfectly off of the shoulder of Barometer. Nice eh? Too bad it's a total fraud. I took the moon from a sunrise over Pyramid photo I took a couple of months ago and photoshopped it my 'Morning Glory' photo of Kodiak. The sad thing is that I like it with the moon so much better, and I will now never be able to like the original. And never fear, I will never claim a bogus photoshopped photo as the real deal. Trust me.
Patrick

1 comment:

My Little Family: said...

It's nice either way Patrick.