Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And people say there is nothing to do in Kodiak in Winter....





BEACH TRIP
This early evening, Patrick and I made an impromptu trip to Mill Bay Beach with the kids. Complete with sippy cups of milk, crackers and beach blanket. We sat on the blanket, the kids pretended to make pretend food with rocks, we watched the dogs chase sticks in the water. It was lovely. Just what the doctor ordered. It wasn't all that cold-as we dressed the kids warm and they were moving around. Kodiak's beaches truly are gorgeous. And what an oppotunity for exploration-even in the middle of winter. Sometimes it is annoying how people act like they can't go outside since its winter. Sure you can go outside-you just have to be better prepared for the elements.

NORA's LANGUAGE PILL
Did someone give Nora a magic language pill the last day or two? She is talking up a storm and CRACKING ME UP!! When we went to the beach today, she said, "Mamma carry me. Daddy's back hurting." Very considerate of her. Her language has really been exploding the past few days. Her daycare provider commented on how Nora doesn't miss a beat and is beginning to pipe in with her opinion at day care. Silent no more!! I sometimes laugh outloud with the thoughts that she comes out with. I feel like I am finally able to see into the little mind of her and hear her thoughts. So fun.

Zoya

Pictures:

Beach Today
Stuey doing hand motion for "doors on the bus go open and shut, open and shut..."
Myself the kids and Cathy on the couch during her visit here two days ago.

3 comments:

tk said...

ok P-dog, updated the blog finally with several weeks worth, ha!

Zoya, Patrick, Nora and Stuart said...

TK, I'll be there when I get home - you should space your posts out more! Patrick

Marnie said...

I took Abby out on Sunday. Since there were no sidewalks in town, and since I didn't want to walk in the road with Abby, and since for once I had a car on Sunday, and since Patrick said that the bike path had been plowed, we went out! It was nice getting out, but Abby got shaken baby brain and we all got soaked.
I went out yesterday to Northend Near Is., but had to tip toe the entire walk it was so icy. Not such great exercise moving at a snails pace. So my theory, yes, you can prepare in some regards, but gee, it sure is easier to get out without the ice!