Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day at the Saltonstalls-Sick house



Yesterday was quite the sick house here at the Saltonstalls. When we woke up, Patrick felt VERY ill. Shakey, cold and achey. Poor guy. He spent a good part of the morning sleeping in the recliner and the afternoon in bed. I gave him some theraflu which helped ease his aches for a little bit.

I cancelled all of my planned activities-and did nurse "mommy" roles with the kids as well. Nora had almost no voice at all and still quite a cough. It was a good day to lay low and let everyone heal. A trip to Safeway with the kids got the necessary ingredients for homemade tomatoe alphabet soup. AND I made cookies-its been months since I've made home made chocolate chip cookies. And boy were they yummy!

I rather enjoyed the sick day. At first I was horribly annoyed in the morning, the kids were screaming, Patrick was insisting that he wasn't that sick and he was going to go skiing. The broken toilet in our bedroom started overflowing onto the bathroom floor and I cursed myself in frusturation that I hadn't called the plumber on it already.

But by the afternoon, things looked up and I thoroughly enjoyed the day at home with NO commitments.

The day ended with me going to the ferry dock at 10:30 PM to watch Cathy and Mike arrive on the Kennicott from Homer. The Kennicott is the larger of the two ferries which service Kodiak, and boy is it fun to watch the Kennicott dock. It is an orchestrated process of men throwing various ropes, adjusting the tension from forward to back, so the boat can get in just the right position for the car loading dock. The weather was sleeting and raining--cold--- but the men working didn't seem to notice as they worked to get everything into position for the Kennicott.

Zoya

Stuey wore his "pimp daddy" heart hat in honor of Valentines Day. He was dressed up with no place to go!! :)

No comments: