Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Ricky and Barb


Recently Zoya and I have come under fire from relatives who do not want their full names mentioned in our blog. They fear strangers googling them and discovering they once 'passed out' after Thanksgiving dinner, shot a living animal and ate it, or, heaven forbid, have an eccentric brother living in Alaska, or a sister who is proud to nurse her two-year-old. They have asked that we give them each an alias- so they are now Ricky and Barb. They no longer need fear the invasive google search.
Do other bloggers out there have relatives with similar issues with offended family members?

Welcome to the family, Ricky and Barb!

The photo is of Barb. Her face has been blurred to protect her identity.

Patrick and Zoya

3 comments:

My Little Family: said...

Barb is a thin veil considering we know her REAL name, LOL

My family isn't ctazy about having their photo on the blog but that usually has more to do with them believing they don't look good rather than an identity issue.

They do make references sometimes such as "that better not end up on your blog" or "you're gonna ut that on that darned blog aren't you". LOL

LoveANewIdea said...

The alias is a good idea. I usually just say she, him, etc, but I think the alias makes it easier to write better sentences. And, I also have to be careful about whose photo ends up on the blog, which is why I often end up with simply photos of set tables (no people) or empty rooms (where the party happened later).

PS - Thanks for the comment on my blog, and good suggestion!

Zoya said...

On the site meter you can see if someone found your blog with a google search - and the funny thing is we've never noticed anyone googling either 'barb or ricky'.

Personally I rather someone found our website while looking for me on google than some donated to so and so's campaign etc type stuff. Patrick