Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Alive & Kicking


Yesterday morning it briefly snowed and the kids got all excited.  Nora had me check the weather on the " 'puter ", and the weather report for today was calling for snow.  Nora kept on asking if it would stick on the ground so she could go sledding.  I did not want to get her hopes up and told her it would probably just melt as it landed on the ground.  Then last night the updated weather report was calling for 3 inches of snow and even I got excited.

Later, I woke up around midnight and looked out the window and it was snowing!  Whoo Hooo!  Winter is still alive and kicking!  No weather report let down!


This morning we woke up to around 2 to 3 inches of snow on the ground.  I raced outside to take pictures of the sunrise, but of course it clouded up immediately before I could get a picture.


And then Nora woke up.  She was so excited.  Before she even ate breakfast, even before Mommy or Stuey got up, she was outside sledding.


What a treat.  Enough snow to sled on in mid May at the house.  As Nora put it, "we don't even have to drive to the pass to go sledding.  We can go sledding right here!"


Of course there is reason to temper my enthusiasm.  Spring has definitely arrived and the ground is already thawed.  I doubt this snow will stick around.  But you never know.  I've already planted my garden, but I'd be perfectly happy if it all died and I had to do it all over again.  For just a few more days of winter I'd gladly do it.


It just started to snow hard and the wind is blowing the snow around.  How cool is that?  At least we've got one more day of winter here at Cliffside Drive.  Patrick

No comments: