Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

911 Nora

This afternoon Nora was playing with the phone and I could hear a voice saying, "hello, hello". I reclaimed the phone from her and it was the 911 operator on the other end. I apologized and felt like an idiot. "yes, my daughter was playing with the phone...".

She reconfirmed my address and asked 2 or 3 times if everything was ok. I thought that was the end of it when 10 minutes later I hear a LOUD pound on the door and I see the top of a troopers hat through the window. Sure enough, he was doing a follow up house visit on the 911 call.

He was nice about it, I had Stuey in my arms and I flashed him a friendly, thankful smile. Before he headed out, he told me that my dog was loose in the yard, so I called Jake in to the house. Darn Jake-he jumps our fence like a cat. It was the icing on the negligent mom cake. :(

Needless to say, mommy luck hasn't gone my way the past few days. Nora is turning into my little 911 girl!! Too much excitement for 3 days.

On another note, people are setting off fireworks on Mill bay beach at 9:47 PM as I write this-it is broad daylight out. I just can't imagine how much excitement one can get from fireworks in daylight. Oh well. Every year around July 4 and New Years we have to endure several weeks of fireworks madness down below on Mill Bay beach. The fireworks mecca, it seems. Luckily the loud noises don't bother stu or nora.

Zoya