Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Case of my missing daughter

This afternoon after my girls brunch Nora was toddling around the house with her books and I sat in the rocking chair and nursed Stuey to sleep. 5-10 minutes had passed and I thought to myself, "Wheres Nora?". I hadn't heard her for several minutes. I figured she fell asleep in one of the bedrooms. She wasn't to be found! I ran outside and called Nora's name-no Nora. :(

Upon getting inside the house, I called Jenny Stevens (she lives on the end of our road) and told her I couldn't find Nora. She said she'd be right there. Then I raced to the neighbors (Maridol and Dean) across the street and, in a state of panic, told them I couldn't find Nora. I did one more search of the house-still no Nora. I had visions of Nora going over our cliff, or into the road...worst case scenerios fooded my head.

Then I heard Deans voice, "We found her". When I went outside Maridol was walking up the driveway with Nora in her arms. Thank heavens. I asked, "Where did you find her?". She said, "You don't want to know. She was crossing Rezanof drive. A gentleman had stopped his car because her saw her on the road and had picked her up."

I was filled with relief. My heart could slow down. It was the worst 5 minutes ever-to not know where Nora was. She was perfectly happy and content. I think she just figured she'd go out for a walk!

We just got a deadbolt on our door a week or so ago because Nora has been opening it. Now we need to change the handle on the door-I'll be doing that this week. Shes a quick girl. Adventurous too.

I'm so glad my family is all safe in sound in bed. Now I'll go and rest peacefully too.

Zoya