Search This Blog

Sunday, June 03, 2007

JUNE SKIING!!!!!!!!!!





This morning a friend came over to watch the kiddos while Patrick, Ray and myself ventured up Pyramid Mountain to go skiing. It is only the 2nd time this year I've been on downhill skis and I was in HEAVEN!! It is such a quick trip-2 hours from the time we left the house to the time we arrived home.

The way up the mountain was a bit painful, as I am recovering from a cold and I'm still not in the best cardio shape. I don't think I've ever asked "Are we there yet?" so many times during the hike up. Lets just say my heart was pumping mighty hard. Patrick was coughing on the way up, as he is still recovering from a bad cold as well. The weather was foggy and beautiful.

Snow was perfect-Patrick calls it "hero" snow because its easy to ski on. It took quite a while for me to get my "ski legs" on the way down but boy was it fun!!! I look forward to getting on the snow more and more in future winters(and this summer!!). There is enough snow right now on Pyramid that we'll bew able to ski until the end of June.

Its nice to be over the pregnancy stuff so now I can really get into it again!! Zoya

Pictures:
Top photo: hiking up Pyramid


bottom:Stuey during his floor time yesterday :)