Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Living in the moment




It takes Stuey an hour or two to go to bed. A lot of holding, walking around, nursing. He'll close his eyes a bit, then look around the room, suck on his hand some, nurse, burp up, fart and repeat the cycle. I love the feel of his little breath on my neck as he heads off to sleep and how he'll wake from a deep sleep only to flash me the best smile ever...as if to say, "hey, dude-its you, mom!!".

A sunny day today-we headed to the park with Audra and Nora ran around exploring everything. Tonight at home I made a CD of kids music off of itunes. Nora is really enjoying music. Her version of dancing is moving her head and neck back and forth laterally. Tonight when the song "if you're happy and you know it..." came on, she started clapping her hands as soon as the lyrics dictated. I LOVE singing along to all the songs and I can tell she enjoys having someone right there with her singing the songs. The best part is that Stuey starts outright LAUGHING when Nora, Patrick and I are all singing. Heck, I think he enjoys the music the MOST!!

This morning the baby monitor was on while Stuart was sleeping in.

All of a sudden, Patrick and I heard a crow in the monitor. I looked at Patrick and said, "was that Stuart or a bird?". He laughed and said, "its a crow outside the window". Then he made a comment how perhaps Stuart had been turned into a crow. I replied, "Oh, No, thats a sad thought. I want Stuart to stay as my baby."

He consoled me by saying it would be a good thing in many cultures to be turned into an animal.

Thus began a conversation of what animals Stuart and Nora are most like. We decided Nora would be a bald eagle, or some bird-flying high, checking things out. And Stuart would be a seal or walrus-more grounded and laid back. Ready to take on what comes his way but not expending too much energy in the meantime.

Zoya