Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

"Kits-mas"


I"ve been up since 4:20AM at which time I heard Nora going to check on her stockings. I formally got out of bed at 5:15 AM and Stuey woke up at 5:45am. 


Stueys quote of the day, at 5:50AM, as he is sitting at the counter eating a waffle (before any presents have been opened):  "Mom, when it's going to be next Kits-mas?". 

I groggily smiled and said, "Stuey, we haven't even had this Christmas." He replied, "Oh". 



 The kids have had hours of fun with their puzzles, nerf suction dart guns, snow cone maker, new jammies, etc.




Nora was thrilled that Santa knew she wanted a Snoopy Snow Cone maker.!


Walrus ivory necklace by Local artist, Coral Chernoff. 




My heart goes out to people who have lost loved ones to death the past year. My cousin lost her son last summer, a friend lost her husband just over a month ago and then the Sandy Hook tragedy earlier this month.
I remember how hard the first series of holidays was after my dad died and I've been thinking of people who have experienced recent loss today.

My sister Bonnie sent soft, flannel,  Matrushka Doll (Russian stacking doll) pajamas.  Most comfy PJ's ever!! I want to stay in them all day. 
Zoya

No comments: