Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas break and Qwirkle

Holiday Break has been very fun. Patrick is off from work-as the museum is closed, but I'm continuing to work. 

My hours as the base physical therapist are going great, and fitness classes have been busy at A Balanced Approach.  This holiday surge of new members is unusual, but I'm thrilled. I think it comes from the new location and everyones enthusiasm for it.  I'm subbing for an evening indoor cycling instructor who is out for a while, which has given me a chance to personally meet the new members. 

For Christmas I gave the kids a game called Qwirkle. It is like a symbol/color version of scrabble. No word spelling skills required. Good for kids 6+ and for 2-4 players. I'm hooked on it. Suddenly Nora and Stuey are at an age where we can all really play board games together! I also got them Sorry! and we've been playing that as well.

Stuey has a definite problem about coming in last. Or NOT WINNING, rather. It happens with going on a walk, skiing, playing games...he has to be first or come in first or he cries. The other day we were skiing and he started crying saying, "I don't want to be the caboose!" Tears poured down his face. 

The same thing happened when playing Qwirkle. He saw that he wasn't winning and he started crying. He again said, "I don't want to be the Caboose!". I couldn't help but laugh, as it was quite cute. That was his way of saying he didn't want to come in last. 

With time he is starting to get a little better with games, although he is still TERRIBLY competitive. I like how excited and engaged he is with the games, however, so thats good!

And some pictures Patrick took recently! The top is at Ft. Abercrombie down the road form our house. 

Abercrombie Surf

Holiday Time


Zoya

No comments: