Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

An "End of the World" and Winter Solstice Ski~ With my hubby

Today, on the shortest day of the year, our babysitter Abby came over at 3 and Patrick and I headed out to the Upper Buskin River for a cross country ski. It was beautiful. Skiing is my favorite type of date with Patrick. Being outside, exploring, exercising, talking, laughing, the quiet...I could go on and on. 

It took a few minutes for me to get into the ski. For some reason I was worried about getting cold and wasn't  100% set on going. ... 20 minutes into the ski, I chimed in "Patrick! I'm having a really good time!" 
And I was. The light was incredible...setting behind the mountains. The snow was fluffy and very ski-able. And the company~~ So nice to have some time to ski and laugh with Patrick.  

After skiing we headed off to the local brewery for a few "End of the World" drinks. It was crowded and my favorite spot was by the warm woodstove talking with Patrick and friends. 





The evening sunset

Happy Winter Solstice 2012!
Zoya

No comments: