Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day of School


 The first day of school went fabulously. I took the kids to their St. Mary's classrooms to discover Stuey's kindergarten class has 6 kids and Nora's 1st/2nd grade class has 13 students! I'm really liking that student teacher ratio!

I took Stuey out to the playground and  watched things from the side of the playground together. When I made an indication to leave, he requested, "Don't leave yet mom".

I was the only parent out there and he and I just stood together watching the scene. Kids reconnecting after a summer apart. A few kids on the swings by themselves.  Nora ran over to her girlfriends and they played on the parallel bars. A few hugs were exchanged. The bell rang and it was time to proceed into St. Mary's. I walked with Stuey up into the building, gave him a kiss and hug and left. No tears this year with kindergarten drop off.

Pictures are from posed "first day" photo, straight to some sibling love before the kids got into the car.


 At the end of the school day, I went into the building shortly before dismissal and sat on the entry way bench. I could hear  a chorus of tiny voices singing, "Head, shoulders, knees and toes..." in the distance. I could tell it was the kindergarten class and was so glad that Stuey was singing such a fun song with his friends.

The class was brought out behind his teacher and the kids raced over and told me about their day. I took them for an ice cream cone and bed time was easy tonight, as they were both tired from their first day. And there was no homework today-yeah!


Zoya

No comments: