Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Saturday night Whitney to Sunday morning Bagpipes...







This weekend was full of music! Last night I celebrated Marie's 30th birthday at an all-girls party. Around 30 women were in attendance at Sara L.'s house and there was an incredible spread of all types of cupcakes, brownies, cheesecake, ice cream...

We had so much fun talking and dancing later on into the night. I was the DJ for the evening and did the playlist, and made sure we had a Whitney Houston song on the list in memory of Whitney's passing. The gals went wild dancing to her. RIP Whitney Houston.

There were several girlfriends in attendance with whom I've never really danced with and boy was it fun to dance to all different types of music and learn new moves!

This morning around 9:30 I was laying on my bed listening to the kids play in the living room, trying to muster up energy to get the day going. All of a sudden I heard the faint sound of bagpipes. At first I thought I was imagining things, but then realized it was coming from our neighbors house.

Surely enough, our neighbor Matt was practicing his bagpipes on his porch. I looked out the window and there he was, bundled up in a big green sweatshirt walking around playing his bagpipes. What a beautiful sound to have bagpipe music reverberating through the neighborhood as the sun rose over the ocean. I consider ourselves lucky to have a neighbor is who is so talented as to play his bagpipes here on Cliffside Rd!

Zoya

No comments: