Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013

What a difference a day makes!


I love it!  Two days ago it was all warm and sunny and winter was in full retreat, and then yesterday it snowed 6 inches and temperatures are supposed to stay below freezing for the next few days.  I think I'll even be able to go back to using my wood skis and extra blue wax.  My wood skis are only good for powder snow and I had sort of given up on using them again.

It's funny but I noticed we 'officially' only have 2 inches of snow on the ground out at the airport.  There was a lot more than that out there yesterday when I drove by the airport.   I have noticed that the 'official' measurement have often seemed a little low this year, and I am wondering if the weather service is recording things differently.  In years past if it stayed snow during a storm and we got a 1/2 inch of precipitation then we invariably also got a 1/2 foot of snow.  But this year the equivalent measurements seem a bit lower.  

But who cares as long as we got snow to ski on! 

Patrick

No comments: