Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Dawn Snow


For the last week it has snowed a couple of inches every night.  I feel sort of like the kid (Edmund?) in Narnia in 'The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe' who eats the White Witch's Turkish Delight and is stuck in a Narnia where it is always winter.  Only I think a place where it is always winter would be a pretty awesome place to live.  I think we need to look into getting Kodiak a White Witch we can call Queen - just like the one in Narnia.

Every day I go cross country skiing up past the golf course and every day there is a few more inches of new snow.  Up above Buskin Lake there is now a good foot and a half of heavy snow.  We even have a solid 8 to 10 inches of snow here at our house.  Ironically, out at the airport we have still only officially received 7 inches of snow total.  That's because all of our snow is 'ocean effect' snow and the closer you are to the north end of the island the more snow you have received.

Still I do realize that we do not have a White Witch around who will keep it winter.  Pretty soon I have the feeling I'll be waking up to a week or two of solid rain.  So until then I plan on enjoying it while it is good.  Patrick



No comments: