Search This Blog

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Barbecues & Picnics







The past two days have been sun-filled and full of good times with friends. Two nights ago, Meghan, Bruce and their out of town friend came over for a BBQ...Mike Pfeffer brought fresh king salmon and we made sashimi and sushi with it, as well as grilling some. I"ve never been into raw fish, but this fish melted in my mouth it was so good! So smooth and very mellow flavor. I was amazed. It didn't have an ounce of fishy flavor to it. Mike pulled out the pin bones with pliers and we sliced it into thin slices. Just wonderful dipped into soy sauce.

Yesterday we started the day at Karen and Jeremy's beach...the kids ran naked in the ocean-the water was so calm and clear. Not a bit of wind. In the evening we had a barbeque-grill, friends and fireworks! Dustin and Shannon brought fireworks which was a first for us. Patrick and I have never done fireworks on the 4th and it was really fun. Dustin brought enough explosives to provide good times for over an hour! There were big fireworks, little ones, sparklers. I forgot how fun fireworks are!! The dogs hid out in the kids bedroom-I think the noises were too much for them. At 11 pm as I went to bed, I saw a haze of smoke lingering over Mill Bay. Mill Bay Beach was full of fireworks enthusiasts yesterday evening.

This morning Patrick is on a big ski adventure with Bruce. I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about it later-it is such a gorgeous day for such a trek!

Zoya

No comments: