Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2008

November Light in Kodiak



Here are some pictures that I could not resist posting. The light changes so quickly in November. The top photo is of our front lawn after we took our family Christmas card photos. Lots of tracks in the snow. I guess we took our Christmas card photo pretty early in the morning! The sun is coming up over the horizon at around 10 AM these days, but it is light out far earlier. I think we took our family Christmas card photos about a half hour before the sun came up (around 9:30 AM). I took the bottom photo after Zoya and I had taken the Christmas card photos and left the kiddos in the capable hands of Lucy the babysitter. We went XC skiing on the lake in the foreground. This photo was taken around 10:15 AM just after the sun had come up. And yes I know - we did skedaddle after the Christmas photos and got to the lake pretty darn quick. But hey, bringing up kids and staying sane is all about time management. Patrick

No comments: