Search This Blog

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Nora Phrase of the Month-- "Stuey's boo-boo all gone mommy. Stuey Happy."

Ever since Stuey got the needle out of his leg, Nora talks a lot about Stuey's boo-boo being all gone. When I pick her up from her day care program, often the first words out of her mouth are "Stuey's boo-boo all gone, mommy. Stuey happy." Its interesting because she'll even say it when Stuey isn't in the car. Sometimes she'll follow it with "My boo-boo all gone too." She had a little scratch on her knee that she watched go away with time.

I think she has heard me talk to people about the needle-especially around the weeks right after it came out. Maybe she still thinks about it. Funny, cause I think at this point she thinks about it more than me. I only think about it when people bring it up, or when a bill rolls in from the hospital....Arghhh....

As of late she has also become good at kissing boo-boos, only if she is in a good mood-of course. I dish out lots of kisses for boo-boos as well. Its funny how giving kids a kiss on their boo-boo really does seem to make it feel better to them. Smiles instantly come across their face.

I think as humans we need that little healing touch-its more powerful than the best dose of tylenol, perhaps.

Zoya

No comments: