Search This Blog

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Shoup Family Visit






Anne, Dan, Sonya, Katja and Talia all left yesterday after a wonderful 6 day visit. It was so fun to be Auntie Zoya to the girls. Everyone stayed here at the house, and Dan, Anne, Patrick and myself would stay up late laughing, talking and drinking a glass or two of wine. I had a cold which got progressively worse, but I didn't care because I see Anne so little. It was worth losing much needed sleep for a few days to catch up on our lives. Anne and Dan live in Michigan and I haven't spent time with them for many years.

Sonya, Katja and Talia got along well with Nora and Stuey-there was the occasional "no!" or crying but with 5 kids in the house it was less chaotic than I would've expected it to be. Sonya and Katja play well together-they would disappear for a long time playing dolls or pretend play. Sonya is the oldest one (6), Katja is the middle (4) and Talia is the youngest (18 months). Katja enjoyed being older than Nora and telling her what to do. Nora would follow her around in awe. Stuey and Talia basically followed the older kids around and they are both into hitting, biting, pulling hair (Stuey more so than Talia).

Last night Patrick gave a public talk on his hike to Shisaldin Volcano in 2005 as part of Island Trails Network presentation. I wanted to go so badly but really needed an evening of rest and sleep, so I stayed behind. I slept for about 10 hours and am starting to feel rejuvenated.

I miss the Shoup family here at our house! :(

Zoya

Photos
Dan and Stuey
Sonya and Katja building a block fort on a table so the little kids couldn't get to it.
Anne reading a book to the girls
Katja with her doll.

1 comment:

My Little Family: said...

OMG! I remember when Dan was a college student and painted our house on Lynden Way. Now's he's a daddy 3 times over! Zoya are you the only sister with mixed gender children?

Thanks for pointing out the Haakanson kids. I will go back and take another look. About the foot, yes PF but because I changed the way I walked a couple times(due to pain)I have an inflamed achielles tendon (?), and two inflamed bones in the "ball" of my foot below big toe. Also, the Plantar has caused bone spur on heel but Podiatrist says that is least of problem :) Next time I will get help instead of compensating and causing more problems.

Vickie