Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Good to be 32






Yesterday was such a fun 32nd birthday. Friends came over for a barbeque in the evening and Mary Jane made a fabulous cake (see photo!) It was a checkerboard cake with Barefoot Contessa Buttercream frosting. SO DECADENT!

For a day or two before the party, Nora walked around the house saying "Happy Mommy, Happy Mommy"...then she would laugh and say "Happy Daddy? Nooo!!!!!". She was pretending it was other peoples birthdays then would say, "noooo!!".

Other highlights from yesterday include....
Rose Kinsley made a crab quiche and a salmon quiche (both absolutely delicious).
Mike and Roxan brought smoked salmon and cheese for appetizers....
Patrick was in and out grilling reindeer, deer and goat sausage burgers and grilled peppers-he is getting good at grilling veggies.
Katie and Matt brought Sawyer and Natalie and we got some newborn baby time!! Natalie enjoyed romping around with the kids...
Fisher read stories to Nora at bedtime. He climbed right in the crib and read her Babybug. She LOVED it.
I got wonderful cards from my girlfriends-several were very funny and made me laugh!
Melissa D. came over-she is leaving soon for LA and it was so nice to have more time with her.
The kids all ran around the house playing together and Fisher had fun taking photos with Mike and Roxann's camera. Roxann was so wonderful with explaining her camera to Fisher.

The quote of the evening occured when I was nursing Stuart.
Fisher asked, "Why do you nurse Stuey instead of giving him a bottle?". I paused, thinking of how to answer. Before I could say anything he replied with "Oh, I know. Its because your milk is better for him than any other milk. I know that because I study rocks and science." Very cute answer, Fisher!


I love being 32-and am blessed to bring in my 32nd year surrounded by my family and good friends!

Zoya

1 comment:

My Little Family: said...

Happy Birthday Zoya and to Ella as well!

vickie