Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

80's Zeitgeist


Good Lord it's the 80's. There is a reason I don't like to dance - all those awkward dances standing against the wall terrified I'd be forced to dance. Terrified of women, terrified I'd look like a geek (and when I danced I did look like a geek). The whole 80's zeitgeist appalls me to this day. Big hair, George Michael, skinny ties, 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' - all prompt immediate, and distasteful flashbacks.

And now I am going to a 1980's dance that will be populated with the very characters I knew during the 1980's. Worst of all, my wife will want me to dance. She'll probably get drunk at the open bar, seek me out, and drag me out onto the floor. Horrors! Secretly I wish someone had dragged me out onto the dance floor in the 1980s.

Photo is of all the roommates except Eric Broderson immediately prior to our graduation. That's me on the lower right - 20 years Ago! Patrick

2 comments:

Mary Jane said...

Patrick I just love your flash back photos. Especially since I got to meet some of these guys at your wedding. It's cool to see some "back in the day" shots!

My Little Family: said...

Patrick the guy behind you looks familiar. Pehraps I met him in Kodiak. Hey, just be glad you are still able to dance! Oh, and no ski accidents to get out of it. P.S. I'm not a dancer either :)

vickie