Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Cathy gone :(


Cathy left last night on the ferry. It was VERY sad to see her go, as we had a wonderful time the past 2 weeks. She was such a huge help with Stuart and Nora and I really enjoyed just catching up and having fun conversations. We saw the ferry pass by Mill Bay and we waved to the boat. She made it to Homer safe and sound.

This morning I got a an e-mail link to an organization where you can donate breastmilk to Africa. (Our local lactation consultant (and friend) Heather Preece e-mailed me the site.)

You don't pay a thing, they send the cooler to you and you ship your milk off. And it doesn't look like there are any minimum production requirements to participate. I applied and will wait to see what they say. I have to take a closer look at some of the storage logistics...make sure our freezer is cold enough and details like that. It may not be possible for people like us who live on an island...we'll see.

Production isn't a concern, as Stuart is gaining weight at a rapid rate and my body will just produce more as it needs. I'm all of a sudden really excited about it! We'll see what happens. The thought of my milk helping a baby near Durban, South Africa is exciting.

The site where you can read more about it is

www.breastmilkproject.org/index.php

Patrick and the guys are out skiing today. Its just gorgeous. I"m hoping to take the kiddos out in the double stroller for a walk this afternoon. It is finally warm enough!

The photo is of Cathy blowing bubbles to Nora.

(ZAS)

No comments: