Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

As expected it snowed while we were away


Back before we left for Arizona I posted that I expected the weather to be great while I was away (lots of snow and cold). This always happens - when I leave it snows and when I get back it rains. And guess what? I was right.

While we were away Kodiak had temperatures in the single digits and it snowed A LOT. With this morning's snow we are now up to almost 30 inches total for the season, and when we left I think we were up to less than a foot. To put this in perspective Anchorage is setting snow records for this early in the season, and they are only up to 31 inches so far. So we are only an inch behind a snowy 'Los Anchorage'!

Unfortunately, the other side of the coin is that it is about to rain. On wednesday it is supposed to get up to around 40 degrees and RAIN. But hey, at least I got back in time to enjoy some of the snow. AND even if it rains here in town it will snow up high.

Patrick

Photo is of the Upper Buskin River just below the canyon where I went cross country skiing this afternoon.

No comments: