Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stormy Weather



Stormy, stormy weather lately here in Kodiak. Its felt like winter-really high winds, rain. There seems to be a little break in the low pressure system this morning. Its been stormy for myself as well-a case of strep throat, I believe. I'm on day 3 of it-feeling cruddy with swollen tonsils the size of grapefruits. I'm not a big "go-to-the-doctor-to-get-antibiotics" person, but after 3 days of these symptoms, Its tempting to pay a visit today. My energy is coming back somewhat (As Patrick said this morning, "Hey-I think I saw a smile out of Zoya". I suppose I've been a bit grumpy). Today is the first time in 3 days I've actually put on some make up and spent a minute on my hair.

The kids have been very helpful with me being down and out. Nora makes me little pretend meals to help me feel better. Kids are funny that way-they know when to tame their energy a bit when a parent isn't feeling good. Every night when I put them to bed, I always ask, "What was the favorite part of your day?" Two nights ago, Nora replied, "Making you feel better."

Dicky took the photo during his recent walk out Spruce Cape point.

Zoya

No comments: