Search This Blog

Saturday, October 03, 2009

More Elk Hunt






Some more pictures from our elk hunt - Top is of me with a largish cod. When I was a kid my grandfather used to take me cod fishing in Maine. I remember the first time we did not catch a cod. Now a days fishermen out East would sell their soul to catch the cod we got here in the waters around Kodiak.

Second photo is of our Kifaru para tipi. We spent a lot of time inside this thing. It barely fit the five of us but the warm stove was enough incentive to get us to cram in tight. Third photo is of the elk team inside the teepee the first night - look how clean cut we look. We have not been beaten down by the hunt - yet. The bottom two photos are of us getting beaten down by the weather. We experienced the first snow of the season! Good thing we had the teepee to warm us up and dry our gear. Patrick

No comments: