Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Goat Hunt




Today my brother and I got back from our Uyak Bay goat and deer hunt. We got our goat and deer, had a bad bear in camp, lived together in cramped tents with wood stoves, and got to see some beautiful country. I'll post more on each aspect of our trip later. But thought I'd just throw out some eye candy for now.

Top photo is of the mud flats at the head of Uyak at low tide and sunset. Second photo is of fog over Uyak bay while we are hiking back with our goat. Bottom photo is of the goat and I. I was very happy that he did not do a high dive over some of the nearby cliffs. The cliffs up there had the two of us a little on edge. Quite the scary place. We saw 5 goats and I shot the smallest of the bunch hoping he would be the tastiest. Unfortunately he ended up a little on the big side. Good thing I did not shoot the biggest one! Patrick

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Wow-what a gorgeous goat! Congratulations, Patrick-we can't wait to hear the rest of your tale!