Search This Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rainy Days





SUMMER?????
It never seems to stop raining in Kodiak. When May began, I had visions of lots of summer days for the kids to play outside but it hasn't happened as nearly as often as I would've liked. The good news with the onset of fall is that the sun is actually setting for a few minutes, and darkness allows me to sleep better.

SUBWAY!
Today I had a fantastic outing with Nora. She and I went to Subway for lunch, then to see Patrick and the library. At Subway we sat there for at least 25 minutes-she had a little box of raisins, big container of milk and a sandwich she had a hard time gripping her hands around. She was fascinated by the comings and goings of everyone and waved enthusiastically to people as they walked by the outside of the store. I had a moment of "ahhhh..." where parenting was how I imagined. A lunch date with my daughter where she was excited and it was fun being out with her. The raisins were a big treat for her-for some reason I never have those around the house...the container that the milk was in a was a novelty to her. And she soaked in every moment of lunch hour at Subway restaurant!

SUPPER.
Tonight Patrick and I used a gift certificate for The Chart Room restaurant that we needed to use up (thank you J&K!!!) and went for a walk before dinner on Near Island. The evening was a misty one-but perfect for a walk, nonetheless. Midweek dates are the best and luckily Megan was able to come over on very last minute notice to watch the kids for us.

Photos:
Nora atop Patrick's shoulders at the museum this morning.
Me on Near Island.
Stuey and Nora playing with grass one sunny summer day---a week ago or so.

Zoya

No comments: