Search This Blog

Saturday, August 30, 2008

5 years ago today...




Patrick and I celebrate a special day today-our 5th wedding anniversary. He is out somewhere remote goat hunting, so unfortunately we can't be together today, but we promised eachother to celebrate with a dinner or hike when he gets back.

I met Patrick 9 years ago--in some ways it seems like yesterday and in some ways it seems like so long ago. Cliche sounding, I know. He truly is my best friend and every day is an adventure with him. He is always full of new ideas, thoughts, adventures and is the best husband ever. We've had our moments of exhausting times-especially when the kids were babies, but we got through those years intact. Phew! The qualities I appreciate most about Patrick are his sense of humor, his loyalty and dedication to his work and family. I"m constantly learning new things about Patrick and learning new things about the world. He is in perpetual motion and his enthusiasm for learning new things and exploring is contagious.

We got married here on Kodiak-many people flew in to celebrate the day with us and our local friends and it was truly one of the best days of my life. My memories of our wedding day are full of excitement about wearing my wedding dress, saying our vows, hearing my sister sing at our ceremony, spending the night before out at Pasagshak with my bridal party--walking on the beach at Pasagshak on the morning of my wedding day, leaving the reception in Patrick's old truck which was covered in shaving cream...so many fun memories of an incredible day.

I am glad for Patrick that he is goat hunting on our anniversary--hunting is one of his favorite recreational/subsistence activities. And I love the yummy goat sausage and goat burgers which we'll enjoy this winter (hopefully--provided he gets a goat!!).

Zoya

Photos: Patrick and I at a post wedding reception in Boston Sept. 2003
Patrick, myself and (Patrick's) family during the pre-wedding photos.

3 comments:

Art Vandelay said...

You two are a beautiful couple. Congratulations on your anniversary. That was beautifully written. I need a tissue. :)

My Little Family: said...

Congratulations Zoya and Patrick! You two compliment each other so nicely. I still love Emmie's suit that she wore to your wedding - I have admited it since the event. LOL

My Little Family: said...

make that admired