Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Desperation sledding


Over breakfast this morning I casually mentioned that after work I could take Nora for a hike up Pyramid Mountain.  The kids are on Holiday and Stuey had a horseback riding lesson planned for the afternoon.  So I thought maybe a hike up Pyramid was in order for Nora and I.  And Nora was excited at the prospect.  Still I did not really expect that we would actually go up the mountain.

But when I got home from work Nora was all packed and 'rarin' to go.  And she announced that she wanted to bring along a sled and go sledding once we got to the top. At first I was a bit skeptical, and I did tell her that there was very little snow, but she was adamant. And so off we went.

We carried the sled 1300 feet up from the parking lot to the snow.  Nora got in a few runs, and we even did one run together.  As you can see from the photos it was sort of desperation snow, but hey it was snow on the ground.  And the sledding was fast.  Patrick





No comments: