Search This Blog

Monday, March 09, 2009

I think I'm off to Anchorage


This is a post from last Friday that got cut. I've just put it back. I did make it to Anchorage. More on my race later.

Well I am off to Anchorage to race in the Tour of Anchorage on Sunday. Or at least I think I am. The winds have really picked up and I fear I might end up on weather hold. Weather hold is better than volcano hold. Time to put on my 'stoic' hat - Karma, Kismet whatever. If you're from Kodiak you know what I mean. It's no use stressing about the weather - you get out when you get out. At least I got 2 days to get to Anchorage before the race. And hey, if I don't get out today, I'll get an extra night with Zoya, Nora and Stuie and Roxy and Jake. Patrick

Photo: I know it has nothing to do with flying to Anchorage, the Tour of Anchorage ski race, or even Kodiak weather delays. It's just a picture from Wednesday that I took when skate skiing up in the canyon above Buskin Lake. I found fresh goat tracks. That's Barometer poking up in the background downstream.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Hey Patrick-Congrats on a great race (I couldn't wait for your official blog, so I sneaked a look at the results page)! Can't wait to hear all about race day!