Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mike's Birthday & Getting Ready for Family



MIKES BIRTHDAY

Mike celebrated his 36th b-day with a meal of sushi and cake at our place this evening.
The meal was a surprise to Mike-earlier today Roxann brought balloons over, a German chocolate cake, party hats ready to go, candles primed for the cake.
After work, Roxann picked up a wonderful sushi and sashimi platter from the Old Powerhouse Restaurant. The spread of food was so delicious and the kids enjoyed the sushi as well!

We called Mike at 4:30 to come over for a happy-birthday-happy-hour and little did he know it was a birthday dinner! Mary Jane came over also to celebrate with us! Good times were had as, once again, the kids ripped around the house and played for a long time in the bathrooms. That seems to be the local hangout recently.

FAMILY VISITING

This weekend, Ella DIcky and the boys are coming for a week long visit to Kodiak! We are very excited---(the last visit to Kodiak Leo and Nora got a horrible stomach virus and Ella and I were pretty much trapped inside the house with VERY sick kids for a week. Needless to say, the visit wasn't as fun as we would've hoped.)

In preparation for Ella's visit, I am deep cleaning every corner of my house. (Ella is a very neat, organized person and I remember one prior trip where she organized the cans in our kitchen cabinets and put labels where things should go)

So with the upcoming arrival of Ella, I am getting spring cleaning done. I organized my pants into Khakis and jeans this morning...it feels good to pull out my summer attire, hang it up. Ella said she wants to borrow my clothes when she is here-one benefit of traveling to her twin sister's house-a complete wardrobe!

My sister Anne is coming in 8 days with Dan and their 3 girls. Can't wait to see all of them! It'll be kid playland here for a while. How fun. Its been 5 years since Anne has been back to Kodiak so it'll be fun to go to Ft. Abercrombie, hang out with the kids and just have time to chat. I can't wait! :)

Zoya

Photos

Mike with the platter of sushi from the Old Powerhouse Restaurant
Roxann and Mikes birthday cake.

No comments: