Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Vacation time this week

This week I get to go to "work".

When I go to work at the physical therapy clinic, I jokingly call it "my vacation time." A few hours away from kids needing me, sweeping the floors repeatedly after the dogs, getting into non-burped-up-on clothes---it does wonders for my spirit. The adult interaction is fun as well! Funny how its like a whole new world!!

I haven't worked at the clinic for months-which has been fine. Stuart doesn't take a bottle so the longest I can be away is 2 1/2 or 3 hours between feedings. This week the clinic does need me, so I'll go in for about 8 hours total. I'm rather excited about it.

I don't see my work at home any less challenging than my work at the clinic. If anything, I think being a stay-at-home mom takes much more PATIENCE than being a physical therapist. They both take energy, diligence, follow-through....and brain power.

With Nora's speech delay right now, my interactions with her at home take quite a bit of brain power at times, but not like the brain power required at physical therapy. My PT job will help keep my brain from turning to mush.
I used to think being a therapist takes a lot of patience and I see myself as having quite a bit of patience. In the past two years, I've recognized that the patience required at home is a whole new level-having a two year old around is the best test of patience ever. Lots of deep breaths, singing, calming voice, slowing down, explaining....all to help frost over some of the tougher moments.

Having the blog has helped me keep my writing skills up while I'm not working. I've always enjoyed writing and miss that when I'm not working.

So at 1PM today, I'll be spiffed up, in my clean khakis and work top, badge on and excited to take on the world of shoulder pain, back pain....

Zoya

No comments: