Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Keeping My Nose Above Water


It has been a tiring past week, as the kiddos AND myself all got sick upon coming back from Anchorage. During times like these, I feel as though I am barely keeping my nose above water, just trying to make it to shore.

...Waking up after a night of lost sleep, tending to Nora and/or Stuart not feeling good, trying to be positive and energetic, keeping the house from turning into a dirt-filled-dust-ball house....After a week of this, I finally get to land and look around me in awe-with time and energy once again. There are interspersed good moments-its not all exhaustion. Its just that during the bulk of these days, its more trying then energizing.

Today was my day of making it to land. Nora had a great speech therapy session, Stuart was filled with cute babbles and smiles and I taught an enthusiastic filled spinning class. The evening ended with dinner with our friend Melissa and her son Fisher. Great conversation with Melissa as Fisher and Nora played with the fake kitchen toys and brought us little fake meals. I just love pretend play!!

Tonight as I laid Stuart down to sleep I could hear Patrick softly reading Nora The Velveteen Rabbit in her room. I love hearing him read to her-I am able to see this whole other dimension of my husband which is so amazing. His depth with language, accents, enthusiasm and kid like expressions. I smiled to myself as I heard the lullaby music play and Patrick's voice soothing Nora to sleep with the words of the books.

Zoya

No comments: