Search This Blog

Friday, September 07, 2007

Nora Speaking, Stuey's tooth

As of the past week or so, Nora is babbling up a storm. Lots of cute baby talk with a few (about 10) intelligible words thrown in. She can say
Uh-oh
dada
No
yeah
hot
owl
mommy
more
berry

When patrick takes her hiking through abercrombie, he has her say "Berry" for a berry then he has to find one to give her. I"m mightily impressed with how many berries he is able to give her, as the salmon berry season has been pretty much non-existant this summer! He also feeds her wild strawberries and blueberries...the strawberries are alongside Cliffside road and are pretty much non existant now.

Stuey had a tooth come through on the bottom-FINALLY!! After all that drooling and chewing on his hand, its so rewarding to see a little white edge poke through the gum. Like in a cartoon. One day its not there, the next day it is!!

I bought some plastic kid kitchen stuff from a garage sale and Nora LOVES playing kitchen with it. She makes us soup, and there are little tea cups as well. She pretends to blow on the soup, if its "hot". :) So cute. The fun part about having a girl is the tea parties and pretend play which she enjoys so much.

She also pretends to put lotion on her face and deodorant on. The other day I was nursing stuey on the bed and she brough my deodorant over with the lid on, lifted my shirt up and rubbed back and forth with it on my stomach. She had the right idea! :)

Work has been great-it all comes right back to me and I enjoy seeing everyone at work. I'd like to keep some type of consistent hours at work, even if it was just 2 or 4 hours a week, so perhaps I'll see what is needed at the clinic. I just have to do it on days that I'm not teaching my spinning classes. I've discovered that leaving Stuart for 3 hours at a time now isn't a big problem. He can easily go 2.5 or 3 hours now between feedings. Its wonderful!

Zoya

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Congrats on your milestones. It's so sweet to have a front seat as the kids reach them. And you, too, Zoya. I love your kids' names. What a great family.