Search This Blog

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Katie Dog




Things are a little slow in Kodiak - hence more photos from the archive. It has been a mix of rain snow all day, and when I went cross country skiing at the ski chalet we already had a foot of new snow. But all rain here in town since midday. Pretty crappy weather - but hey, at least it is all snow up high.

In the old days I used to go skiing on days like this with Katie Dog. She went everywhere I went. Our new dog pack does not go skiing and has a proclivity for chasing deer (need to be leashed in deer country). And Roxy Dog gets carsick. So the new dogs don't go out skiing with me every day (they do get to go for a walk in Abercrombie with Nora and me on a daily basis). But Katie Dog did go every day. She was actually pretty amazing. Downhill skiing you could always tell which were my tracks because they had Kdog tracks down the center and looked like a dollar sign that went on and on down the hill. She was smaller than the current dogs, but could hold her own in deep snow.

Shoot a ptarmigan and she'd actually bring it back. She loved hunting and skiing. In the top photo Katie dog and I are ptarmigan hunting at Pasagshak pass in the snow. In the bottom photo Katie is enjoying life with then new girlfriend Zoya out at Termination Point (Spring 2000). At first, Katie dog had a hard time sharing me with Zoya. And Zoya wanted me to put her on a chain, and keep her out of the bed. But they did grow to love each other, and now Zoya is firmly a dog lover. I think Katie dog is partly responsible. Of course, the current dog pack is all over the bed. Zoya even calls Roxy and Jake, our two black labs, the 'bedroom fashion accessories'. Patrick

1 comment:

stewart said...

Hi Guys- I like your polls. I finally created
an account. Ali and I are off to Tortola for a week.
Did the kids get a package from the Pottery Barn?

Stewart