Search This Blog

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Heitman Multi-Media Ski



Today a group of us went on a 'multi-media' ski tour to Heitman Lake. By multi media I mean gear intensive. Zoya and I started out on telemark gear (me) and All Terrain downhill ski gear (Zoya). I carried classic cross county skiis for she and I on my back up to the frozen, snow covered lake.
John Mahoney hiked up on snowshoes, while Gregg, Lisa and Sharon used AT and Tele for a continued tour to the tops of Raymond and Heitman Peaks. It was good to see Zoya on downhill gear again and tomarrow we plan on skiing Pyramid. The skate skiing at the lake was phenomenal. I flew around the lake and, since the alders around the lake were mostly covered, I could go anywhere. Up down and all around. Quite the ski. Patrick

No comments: