Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday Morning Bliss

What a good way to start my day! I went into the NICU this morning and the night nurse suggested we try breastfeeding, so we did. She watched his respirations decrease quite a bit over the night (he LOVES tummy sleeping) and felt comfortable giving breastfeeding a go. She said, "We'll see how his stats do and go from there." Sure enough, Stuart latched right on, nursed away blissfully. His oxygen saturations went UP, his respirations went DOWN (very good thing too) and he is a champion nurser.

I have the cell phone on all the time now waiting for her call to let me know he is hungry again. There is a possibility he may have to go under bilirubin lights for jaunice....but I hope not. :( :( we'll know more later today. No biggie, its just that he'll have to wear little guy sunglasses and be under a lamp, etc...just more intervention. His blood tests later today will dictate what they do.

Anyhow, just a GREAT start to today. I've been waiting for the moment I can breastfeed....I"m so thrilled.

3 comments:

mpfeffer said...

Congratulations! What a great way to start the day! This is how Mike likes to start his day as well. HA!
Roxann

dunbar family said...

Zoya and Patrick, I am so glad to hear that things are looking up and that Stuart is doing well! I wanted to tell you that the day Stuart was born they were showing Stuart Little on the Disney Channel. Hannah and I watched it and thought of the new little Stuart :) The photos are great..what beautiful children you have! Lots of love, Kathleen

Ishmael said...

Great news! So glad Stuart is coming along so well!

Jay

p.s. Roxann, what you said: It's all Mike talks about.