Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Iguana Baby....Trip to the ER for Zoya and Stuart


Ahhh...enough adrenaline for one day. This morning Stuart was difficult to rouse, and his breathing seemed slower than normal AND his nailbeds were blue. I was worried he was declining in respiratory function...I called the clinic and they encouraged me to take him to the ER.

Upon arrival there, they whisked me back with him, checked his vitals and he is in good shape. Thank heavens. He is a very mellow baby....so different than Nora. After his NICU stay, I was extra concerned...the nurses at the ER completely understood and gave me more info on what to look for if I am worried about him declining in respiratory function.

Patrick has nicknamed him Iguana Baby-earlier when I asked him to check on Stuart when he was sleeping Patrick said his slow movements of his arms in his sleep reminded him of an Iguana. And he is quite peaceful and still. I am used to the colic/gas that Nora had the first months of life-so different than Stuarts mellow temperment!!

Nora cried only 25% of the day today. Making progress every day...thank heavens!! What a big adjustment for her. (ZAS)

No comments: