Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

My weekend


Last weekend we had a super windy and rainy Saturday day followed by a spectacular 'Sun' day.  On Saturday it was so nasty that I balked on going skiing.  I got all the way to the car and was about to go - but it was just so nasty with sideways rain and swaying spruce trees that I turned around and went back to the house.

Instead I went hiking on Russian Ridge behind town with Nora and the dogs.  We followed various different trails and made a loop.  The new signs put up by ITN really helped us find our way around in the woods.  It's like a brand new trail system!  Until this year I had never really gone hiking in this area, and I still do not know it very well.  It's a great place to explore and far larger of an area than I expected.  And so GREEN.

On Sunday I found out that all that Saturday rain turned into snow on the mountain.  The skiing was pretty good and there was only one other person up there skiing.  With all the rain in town people just assume that there is no snow on the mountain.  Their loss is my gain!  Patrick




No comments: