Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2016

First Salmonberry Blossom

First salmonberry blossom - March 25th!

 It's official - spring is SUPER early this year.  I saw my first salmonberry blossom at the entrance to Abercrombie this afternoon.  Last year I saw my first blossom on April 4rth and even that was almost a month earlier than I had ever seen one before. In the good old days the first salmonberry blossom was typically sometime in the second week of May.  So spring is about 1 1/2 months early this year!

And what's super scary is that it looks like I might have to start mowing my lawn soon.  The back yard it totally green and even starting to look shaggy.  In years past I usually don't start mowing the lawn until late May/Early June.  Patrick

The garlic is looking HUGE too

No comments: