Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Melted Snow 'Aint All Bad


Today it was 45 degrees, raining hard and windy.  But when I went into work I still planned on going for a ski afterwards.  And then Jeremy dropped by the museum.  He asked if I wanted to go rafting later in the afternoon. Initially I said no, but every time I looked outside it was just so dismal and wet - so UGLY.  So when he called back at lunchtime I agreed to go.  And boy am I glad I did!

What was I thinking about not wanting to go whitewater rafting? The equivalent ski day would have been a sunny day and 2 feet of dry powder.  Sargent Creek was raging with standing wave trains.  Afterwards I drove directly to St Marys and picked up the kids from school in my wet suit.  Stuey was embarrassed to see me in the wet suit.

Here is a quick 30 second video to give you an idea of what it was like.  Patrick

https://youtu.be/ONY2yxeM5MM




No comments: