Search This Blog

Saturday, January 03, 2015

Exploring


As a family we've recently discovered the area between Boy Scout Lake and the ocean.  In the old days I did explore the whole area and analytically I knew that it is a big area with lots of old roads to follow, but I'd sort of forgotten.  When we went hiking in that area it was just to get to the beach to look for beach glass.

But lately we've been doing some exploring through the woods.  It is a HUGE area with lots of trails and loops.  Back in the day there was a lot of WWII clean up work and soil remediation going on and the roads were all torn up.  These days it is all healed and mossy.  I love going for a hike and not knowing exactly what path I'll be taking.  We are exploring trails to see where they end up.  The best sort of hiking.

Patrick





No comments: