Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2011

Pretty Pictures






I love to see my pictures in print. So the other day I was flattered when a lady who creates newsletters and annual reports for various local Native Corporations asked for some more digital images to use in their creation. She has used my images before and I am very happy to supply her with some more. So for the last few days I have been roving through all my old pictures looking for pictures she might want. Needless to say, but it has been kind of cool to peruse through my pictures from the last few years.

It has also been eye-opening. I realized that I take fewer pure landscapes than I used to in the past. These days I always seem to try and put a person somewhere in the photo. Also my older point-and-shoot is WAY better than what I currently use. It may have only been 6 mega pixels but the quality far surpassed my current 12 mega pixel point-and-shoot.

Anyway, here are 5 of what I consider some of my best pure landscape photographs in the last 3 years - ones with no people in them. Top is sunset over Lower Olga lake. Second from top is the sunset over the tidal flats at the head of Uyak bay. Third is kayaking home from a successful deer hunt in Sheratin Bay. Fourth is a dreary day at upper Olga Lake. Finally, the last photo is of a pond at Old Afognak Village on Afognak Island. Patrick

3 comments:

Marnie said...

SO beautiful!

Anonymous said...

My favorite is Sheratin Bay. I could be perfectly content for the rest of my life looking at that single view forever.

Philip said...

Great pics Patrick. You have inspired me to buy a new digital camera, Sony Alpha, for my trip in July to Bristol bay, up Kvichak through Iliamna portage back to Kodiak, can't wait. Peace
philip sims