Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Should I add the full moon?


This morning I went to work early so I could take a picture of the full moon setting with the city of Kodiak in the foreground. It was looking good until I got to the high school and suddenly the moon was setting. No moon by the time I got to the Hoser bridge. I missed it by 5 minutes.

Nonetheless, I got to practice taking photos at night and looked for the right camera angles. In late February after another lunar cycle I'll be ready. And by then the sun ought to be up a bit more and the town might be bathed in pink light. Let's hope it is clear!

Anyhow, this is the photo I did get. I actually thought about using photoshop and stitching a full moon into the picture next to the windmills. Patrick

1 comment:

Isiik said...

I think the moon addition would take away from the town. Its beautiful as is.