Search This Blog

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ayakulik River


The last few days I have been working on a presentation I'll be giving at the Society for American Archaeology (SAA) Meeting next week in Vancouver, BC. I have not been to the SAAs since I was in still in graduate school way back in 1995. The meeting is a big deal - there will be thousands of archaeologists from all over the country at the meetings. It's a definite that I will run into archaeologists I have not seen since graduate school - old advisors, colleagues, random faces from the past. It ought to be fun, but I'm also a little nervous.

My talk will be on how the Alutiiq used the rivers and lakes of Kodiak through time. I only have 15 minutes so I have to make it short and sweet. Hopefully the pretty pictures of Kodiak's rivers will impress my colleagues. Patrick

No comments: