Search This Blog

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Bad Hair Cut


Today I got the worst haircut of my life. And our family photos are next week. I cried. (Patrick is appalled that this entry will overshadow his radio carbon dates. )

My usual hairdresser was out of town and next week we have family photos taken. So I figured I should get my hair trimmed up a bit before the big photo day. My student hairstylist trimmed away and I had hopes that I would walk out a new person-a haircut with an edgy, new modern twist. Or even just a cleaner version of my usual look. But, no-I didn't get either of those.

When she was done with the back, I felt the back and said, "Its all one length. Oh, no. I look like plain jane." I think I said that about 5 times. When she cut my bangs, i sat in horror as my bangs had vanished. No more sweeping bangs to the side. No more sophisticated bangs. Back to a more 5th grade look. I think my bottom lip trembled for the rest of the haircut. I just bit my lip trying to not cry.

My student hairstylist kept apologizing and she didn't let me pay. She offered to have me come in the next day to have it fixed up. No way, Jose. The tears flowed at the check out counter. I got into my car and cried on my drive home. I remembered how horrible a bad haircut is.

Patrick says I should apologize and pay for the haircut.

Mary Jane says its the worst haircut she has ever seen on me. And she was very serious.

So woe is me. At least hair grows out. I can get hair 911 when my usual hairdresser returns. Not in time for the family photos, though.

Zoya

No comments: