Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Through the skies to Grandmother's House

Grandmother's house the morning after we arrived

Traveling in the digital age

Nora gathers apples to make a pie




We've been at Emmy's house for 3 nights now and  have really  enjoyed lovely walks, delicious meals and laughter together. Emmy picked us up at the Boston airport at 6:00 Am and drove us straight up to Maine. I proceeded to pass out in exhaustion, as I didn't get much sleep the night before. The kids slept 12 hours their first night here and thankfully haven't had any struggles with the time change.

There is a mile loop which goes along the ocean and then along a golf course which I've enjoyed walking several times a day. The quiet, sleepy town of Rockport is so gorgeous this time of year. Traditionally we are here in the summer and I'm preferring this Thanksgiving time of year. The roads are quieter, establishments quieter, parking easier.

Tomorrow we head down to Boston for Thanksgiving Day and the rest of our vacation. Nora really enjoys looking at houses and architecture along the way. I enjoy seeing the East Coast through her eyes.

Zoya


1 comment:

My Little Family: said...

I love the photo of all the fallen apples